Every dog owner is familiar with those early morning walks with the beloved pet. So is Paula Godwin from Anthem, USA, who casually took a carefree walk with her two dogs – Todd and Cooper – last Friday, June 29th, but it ended not really as she expected.
Everything happened so fast, Paula at first didn’t even notice something sitting on the road in front of her. “It was a beautiful morning but as we were walking down the hill I literally almost stepped on a rattlesnake,” Godwin wrote in a Facebook post. “But my hero of a puppy Todd saved me.”
6-month-old Golden Retriever Todd proved that dog is a man’s best friend by jumping between his owner and a dangerous reptile, taking the bite that was addressed to his human. “He jumped right in front of my leg where I surely would have got bit. This is what a hero looks like,” says Paula.
Since the rattlesnake bit poor puppy right on the face and it quickly started to swell up, Paula Godwin rushed to the nearest veterinarian clinic without even thinking. The vet gave Todd a shot of anti-venom and kept him for the rest of the day just to see if everything’s okay.
Yesterday his owner updated her Facebook status with a picture of Todd in the park saying that her puppy is recovering fine and is already back on his feet. “Todd for sure is my hero and I feel I have to say that the man up stairs ️surely is watching out for me, too.”
More info: Facebook